Berkeley City Council meetings can be epic in duration and drama. Five hour meetings are not unusual owing to the ambitious agendas and the extensive public comment sessions.
In the end, council members must cast their votes on the matters before them.
Berkeley voters with limited time for lobbying may wish to concentrate their efforts with the members who are most likely to support their interests.
These charts depict the correlation between members across all votes in a calendar year. These are created as follows:
- A vote is recorded for each member;
- Each "aye" is scored as "1"
- Each "no" is scored as "-1"
- Abstentions are scored as "0"
- Unanimous votes are ignored since these have no explanatory power with regard to intra-council dynamics